ILOILO – Do women live longer than men?
Majority of the 44 centenarians in this province honored the other day were women.
The awardees said they led a healthy lifestyle; they did not have vices.
There were only nine male centenarians.
The town of Janiuay had the most number of centenarians – six – recognized on Monday. They were all women.
Pototan had five. All were women, too.
The oldest in this batch of honored centenarians was Candelaria Lozada of Brgy. Walang, Lambunao town. She was 107.
The centenarians were as follows:
* Nieves Borcillo, 100
* Carmen Moquite, 103
* Matilde Piñol, 100
* Candelaria Bitera, 100
* Josefina Casador, 100
* Concepcion Loreno, 100
* Matilde Pardoria, 100
* Silveria Lachica, 100
* Ana Silva, 100
* Librada Defacto, 100
* Azucena Quinto, 101
* Candelaria Lozada, 107
* Pilar Larios, 101
* Rosita Navarra, 101
* Alfredo Celestial, Sr., 100
* Elipidia Tormon, 101
* Laureano Cataluña, 100
* Rosario Somejo, 100
* Tiburcio Testa, 100
* Teopista Capanang, 100
* Remedios Landoy, 100
* Adoracion Genete, 101
* Jovita Estabaloya, 100
* Ambrocia Evangelista, 101
* Buenvenida Are, 101
* Rosario Herrera, 100
* Irene Mandato, 100
* Alipio Calambro, 105
* Aurelia Batbata, 100
* Lucia Consular, 100
* Carmelina Mercadero, 100
* Concordia Olivares, 100
The other centenarians honored were:
* Candelaria Demonteverda, 100 (Dumangas)
* Remedios Tabocolde, 100 (Tubungan)
* Ma. Nieves Perosia, 101 (Oton)
* Serafin Taton, 100 (Tigbauan)
* Gonzalo Galo, 100 (Carles)
* Anonsacion Alada, 100 (Badiangan)
* Rosita Pari-an, 101 (Dueñas)
* Rosario Sañopol, 101 (San Joaquin)
* Rosario Munion, 101 (Miag-ao)
* Ramon Palmares, 100 (Passi City)
* Felipe Guillen, 101 (New Lucena)
* Nicolas Laguardia, 100 (San Miguel).
The honorees were given cash incentives of P1,000 each and a plaque of recognition hailing their longevity.
Last year, the provincial government was able to award 49 people over the age of 100./PN